ARDEER SOUTH PRIMARY SCHOOL
School Uniform Policy
The wearing of school uniform:
• Promotes a sense of belonging to the school
• Develops pride and school image
• Is readily identifiable on all school excursions and sporting activities
• Represents value for money
• Eliminates peer pressure on students when selecting what to wear each day
• Is comfortable and suitable for all school activities
All students are required to wear the prescribed school uniform:
Polo shirt (navy blue) long or short sleeve
Windcheater (navy blue)
Bomber jacket (navy blue)
Track pants (navy blue)reinforced knees, plain knee cuffed or straight leg, Boot leg pants
Shorts (navy blue)
Leggings (navy blue)
Blue & White check dress
• Footwear – Shoes or runners. No open toe footwear allowed
• Hats - compulsory to wear school hats during Terms one and four
• Logo - The school logo is printed on the shirts and tops
• Earrings – Studs and sleepers only
• Nail polish - clear only
• Uniform - items may be purchased from the school
• Jewellery – No jewellery is to be worn at school – Watches permitted
Staff and parents have an important role to play in promoting the wearing of school uniform.
Parents should advise the class teacher verbally or in writing, indicating the reasons and likely duration on such occasions when their children are unable to wear school uniform.
Where there are continual breaches parents will be contacted to seek their support ensuring that the policy is adhered to.
Parents may make a written application to the Principal requesting that a student be exempted from wearing school uniform.
Possible grounds for exemption include health or religious reasons.
All requests for exemption will be discussed at the next available School Council meeting and the parents will be informed of the outcome.
Download the price list and order form here